DIY Rustic Mason Jars

I had a lot of fun doing this project for our blank shelf that is now full of different pieces that my Mom and I organized about 2 weeks ago. And then I figured maybe I can film it at the same time considering that I wanted to try a hyperlapse effect and I just couldn't find a way of what to film. So now here's a post on my version of DIY Rustic Mason Jars. I hope this kinda helps and enjoy!


You can also put your stuff here like brushes (either for painting and makeup), pens, and flowers. It looks really good and simple without the cap and not putting anything to it so I decided to just leave it that way. But who knows, maybe I can put my brushes there soon, but in the mean time I want it to be just like that. Also, be free to do what strokes you want when painting, it doesn't really matter and you don't want it to look really spotless because you're going to scrape the sandpaper into the jars after drying it.

THINGS YOU'LL NEED
Mason Jars
Acrylic paints (any brand will do!)
Paint brush
Sandpaper (I used a sponge one but any will do)
Paper plates
You can find mason jars almost anywhere, but I got mine from Michaels. Along with the acrylic paints, and paint brushes. As you may know, I'm a huge sucker for art stores.


Here's the video I filmed!

                      
Happy 1st of December everyone and I couldn't believe we only have 1 more month for 2014. I will try my best to make a recap for this year and hopefully remember everything that has happened. Cheerio!